Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siva3012
Helper II
Helper II

Edit data and multiply with 1000

Hi,

I have connected the data from sqlserver database to PowerBi and have uploaded the tables. I have to now change the Negative values in the Demand_Mv/Hr column into Positive by removing the Negative sign before it and multiply the data with 1000. Has anyone have edited/Changed the data  for their needs ? Can anyone provide a solution to this ?   

Electricity.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, this is pretty easy to do with the Transform tab. You could also just write a line of M into the Advanced Editor.

Here's a couple of screenshots. Let me know if you're not clear on any of the steps.Use "standard" operationsUse "standard" operationsIf you know everything will be negative, you can simply multiply by -1000If you know everything will be negative, you can simply multiply by -1000The resultThe result

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, this is pretty easy to do with the Transform tab. You could also just write a line of M into the Advanced Editor.

Here's a couple of screenshots. Let me know if you're not clear on any of the steps.Use "standard" operationsUse "standard" operationsIf you know everything will be negative, you can simply multiply by -1000If you know everything will be negative, you can simply multiply by -1000The resultThe result

@Anonymous: Thanks for the screenshot and the code in Advanced editor. It was easy for me to undesrstand as i am new to the PowerBI. 

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@siva3012

Hi, You can do all this in Query Editor.

With Transformation Actions.

Victor

Lima Peru

Lima - Peru

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2022 update 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the August 2022 updates!

August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors