Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SalientAnimal
Frequent Visitor

Edit Values Heading

Hi All,

I'm still new to Power BI so learning as I go along. From what I can see thus far is that it works very much on a similar princile to excel.

What I would like to find out is how do you change the value headings of a graph / table. Example (Average of Items Sold) I want it to only say "Items Sold"

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SalientAnimal

So I guess you're talking about the name in below picture. There's no way to change the name, but your can create measures instead and drag the measures to the value field. The summarize listed has corresponding DAX functions. By the way, a measure can not be named as a name of any column that already exists in tables.

Items In Stock AVG = AVERAGE(Table1[Items In Stock])

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi There,

Please refer to the screenshot for changing the title of the graph.

Capture1.PNG

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi there,

I am not refering to the Chart / Graph title, but rather to the field value name when you summarise them. A column that is named "Items In Stock" as example will become "Average of Items In Stock" when summarising them. I want change this field value back to "Items In Stock"

@SalientAnimal

So I guess you're talking about the name in below picture. There's no way to change the name, but your can create measures instead and drag the measures to the value field. The summarize listed has corresponding DAX functions. By the way, a measure can not be named as a name of any column that already exists in tables.

Items In Stock AVG = AVERAGE(Table1[Items In Stock])

Capture.PNG

Thanks for this, this is exactly what I am looking for for. How do you create a measure? I know this can be done by clicking the measure icon, but how is it constructed? Would I just type it in? As an example, my column in names Total Score and I want to average this column, but group it per category. 

@SalientAnimal Can you give some screen shots to show the behaviour you are explaining?

For this, You need to use a bit of trick.

Either you can create a new calculated column with your calculation, and change the name of the new column as desired.

or if you are working with a measure, you can easily change the name of the measure by right clicking and renaming the measure name.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.