Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit Power BI table via Power App

Hi everyone,

I tried to create a small Power App in a Power BI report to allow end users to edit data from a table directly in the Power BI report.

This table was created in 'Enter Data' mode
Capture.PNG

I created a simple interface with the locations and the prices (the prices are the editable part):

Capture2.PNG

The problem is: when I created a new list screen (the edit part of the app), and tried to use the Power BI connector to connect the Power BI data to the Power App, no table or any data is shown:

Capture.PNG

What am I missing here?

P.S: if there is any other way to let end user of the report to edit data from a Power BI table with a kind of form, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and your help !

5 REPLIES 5
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, I reproduced your problem, which may be caused by the format of the data source. I did the following test and successfully connected to the data source of powerbi.

vhenrykmstf_0-1626766497248.pngvhenrykmstf_1-1626766502776.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1626766520682.png

You can refer to the following video and related documents, which can help you.

Manage connections in canvas apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Create and format tables - Office Support (microsoft.com)

Using PowerApps Visual in Power BI to interact with data 📈 (2019) - YouTube

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-henryk-mstf 

What's odd is that I can't even choose the Power BI report where the table that I want to be updated is located.
When I choose the Power BI connector among the datasources, I just have 'Power BI' and the email that I logged in with.
I have no possibility to choose among the different Power BI reports that I have in my desktop.

I followed the links you kindly provided but to no results.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you provide more information screenshots so that I can find out the problem accurately and answer you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-henryk-mstf 

The first screenshot below is a form that I want to connect to my Power BI table to be enable users to edit the table via this form:
Capture1.PNG

Then I click on "Connect to data" and then "Add data" as on the second screenshot below:
Capture2.PNG

Then I look for the "Power BI" connector as below:

Capture3.PNG

I click on the connector, and I have the below screen with my email address (that I've hidden) with I used to log in powerapps:
Capture4.PNG

I then have the below screen:
Capture5.PNG

But unlike your example, I have no table to select, not even a Power BI report to select. The datasource parameter on the right stays at "None" ("Aucun" in my example, in french).

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BirhanAYDS 

Thanks for the reply,

So you can't update a Power BI table that was created via the 'Enter Data' button with Power Apps? 

It has to be a table linked to a spreadsheet or a database ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.