Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit Loading Data

I have a dataset that I want to edit before I load. I have many Job numbers but I want to load only 7 or 8 specific ones. However, when I try selecting only those job numbers by searching it does not show the value. And my guess is that it does so because it says "Cannot exceed limit of 1000 rows" and that is why it does not show that number.

But the job numbers are there in that column but does not appear only because of that 1000 limit that can be shown because of which i am not able to select them.

Is there a way in which I can load only the ones I want in that case? Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

maybe you could use this simple hack.

Just select any 7 or 8 job numbers.

From the  View menu open the Advanced Editor, in the M code you will find a line that looks something like this

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each ([ID] = 994 or [ID] = 995 or [ID] = 996 or [ID] = 997 or [ID] = 998 or [ID] = 1200 or [ID] = 1211))

In my sample data there is a column called ID (data type numeric with 10000 items), as you can see I already changed two values to 1200 and 1211, that will not be shown in filter dialog, because of the 1000 items limit.

Just adjust the filtered values to you liking!

This works flawless, after manually adjusting the filter, you can proceed with the GUI 🙂

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Regards, Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

maybe you could use this simple hack.

Just select any 7 or 8 job numbers.

From the  View menu open the Advanced Editor, in the M code you will find a line that looks something like this

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each ([ID] = 994 or [ID] = 995 or [ID] = 996 or [ID] = 997 or [ID] = 998 or [ID] = 1200 or [ID] = 1211))

In my sample data there is a column called ID (data type numeric with 10000 items), as you can see I already changed two values to 1200 and 1211, that will not be shown in filter dialog, because of the 1000 items limit.

Just adjust the filtered values to you liking!

This works flawless, after manually adjusting the filter, you can proceed with the GUI 🙂

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Regards, Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked. Thanks!

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Use 'Text Filters' to generate the required M language in the Power Query editor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.