cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Edit Interactions icons not usable

I am trying to edit the interactions between a couple of visualisations (a slicer and stacked column) but I cannot select the interaction icons on the chart - as soon as my mouse pointer is anywhere on the page, the icons disappear behind the filter / drill controls.

I have put a couple of screenshots below, the first is what I would expect to see (mouse off the page), the second what I actually get.

Any ideas please?

Chart not selectedChart not selected

Chart selected / hoveredChart selected / hovered

Version: 2.79.5768.1082 32-bit (March 2020)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User III
Super User III

HI @ChemEnger ,

One thing I can think of is may be your slicer has an overlapping visual near to it.

If that's the case, move the visual away from from your slicer , then set-up the edit interactions.

I see the icons perfect on my end.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

If this helps, Appreciate a KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

HI @ChemEnger ,

One thing I can think of is may be your slicer has an overlapping visual near to it.

If that's the case, move the visual away from from your slicer , then set-up the edit interactions.

I see the icons perfect on my end.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

If this helps, Appreciate a KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Thanks ever so much @Pragati11,

I had the slicer and chart butt up against each other, which looks great in operation but did indeed cause the clash in icons.

All sorted now, straight away and working as I wanted.

Simon

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session: Drive Data Culture with Power BI- Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors