Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChemEnger
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Edit Interactions icons not usable

I am trying to edit the interactions between a couple of visualisations (a slicer and stacked column) but I cannot select the interaction icons on the chart - as soon as my mouse pointer is anywhere on the page, the icons disappear behind the filter / drill controls.

I have put a couple of screenshots below, the first is what I would expect to see (mouse off the page), the second what I actually get.

Any ideas please?

Chart not selectedChart not selected

Chart selected / hoveredChart selected / hovered

Version: 2.79.5768.1082 32-bit (March 2020)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @ChemEnger ,

One thing I can think of is may be your slicer has an overlapping visual near to it.

If that's the case, move the visual away from from your slicer , then set-up the edit interactions.

I see the icons perfect on my end.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @ChemEnger ,

One thing I can think of is may be your slicer has an overlapping visual near to it.

If that's the case, move the visual away from from your slicer , then set-up the edit interactions.

I see the icons perfect on my end.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Thanks ever so much @Pragati11,

I had the slicer and chart butt up against each other, which looks great in operation but did indeed cause the clash in icons.

All sorted now, straight away and working as I wanted.

Simon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors