Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Narukkp
Helper V
Helper V

Edit Interaction feature At report level filters

Hi Team,

I am able to achive the below scenario using "Edit Intraction" feature but recently requirement has changed to all slicers are removed and put these slicers related columns in Report level filter. Now using Report level filter i am not able to achive the below scenario please guide me if you have any idea.

My scenario is I have 3 slicers like Country , State, city and 3 cards like Country Average Sales, State Average Sales and City Average Sales. So if i selected the City in slicer then value should change only in City card and not in Country , states related cards and if the same way i selected the the state in slicer then value should change in State card only and not in country, city related cards. I am able to achive this feature in existing report using "Edit Intraction " but now these slicers are removed from page and moved to Report Level filter panel. Now how i can achive this scenario using report level filter ?

slicer.JPGslicer1.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Narukkp,

Interaction is not possible between filter pane and Visual. So you have to create measures as per need using all, if you need to avoid the interaction.

example

New Measure =calculate([Measure],All(Dim1))

New Measure =calculate([Measure],All(Dim1),All(Dim2))

View solution in original post

@amitchandak  thank you so much for giving  excelent idea. It is working  as expected when i am creating the measure . 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Narukkp,

Interaction is not possible between filter pane and Visual. So you have to create measures as per need using all, if you need to avoid the interaction.

example

New Measure =calculate([Measure],All(Dim1))

New Measure =calculate([Measure],All(Dim1),All(Dim2))

@amitchandak  thank you so much for giving  excelent idea. It is working  as expected when i am creating the measure . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.