Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sshweky
Helper III
Helper III

Edit Credentials stored in the cloud

All of a sudden my dashboard will not update. When I try to update the credentials in settings, my only option is windows authentication. So I sign in and still have the same issue? It tells me the credentials stored in the cloud are missing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rajiv
Advocate I
Advocate I

Not sure if you are seeing the same error, but will share my experience as it is on the same topic. I had got the error after I had changed my Windows password. So I had to re sign in (through Dashboard Settings) with my new password to get rid of the error. Screen shot of the error below:PowerBIDataSourceError.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rajiv
Advocate I
Advocate I

Not sure if you are seeing the same error, but will share my experience as it is on the same topic. I had got the error after I had changed my Windows password. So I had to re sign in (through Dashboard Settings) with my new password to get rid of the error. Screen shot of the error below:PowerBIDataSourceError.JPG

KirkNason
Frequent Visitor

I just got this same error myself.  Have a PBI Desktop file (data is embedded, no gateway) and when I publish I get the overwrite messeage, which I say yes.  Then when Desktop finishs publishing I go to the PBI service and the old file still exists,  there is the yellow warning triange next to the data source which has the message "The credential stored in the cloud is missing". 

Power BI desktop thinks it published correctly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I've seen this from time to time, what kind of data source is it? That being said, your best bet is probably to use the smiley face icon to send a "frowny face" to support with a screen shot and have them sort it out.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.