cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sshweky Member

Edit Credentials stored in the cloud

All of a sudden my dashboard will not update. When I try to update the credentials in settings, my only option is windows authentication. So I sign in and still have the same issue? It tells me the credentials stored in the cloud are missing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rajiv Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Edit Credentials stored in the cloud

Not sure if you are seeing the same error, but will share my experience as it is on the same topic. I had got the error after I had changed my Windows password. So I had to re sign in (through Dashboard Settings) with my new password to get rid of the error. Screen shot of the error below:PowerBIDataSourceError.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

I've seen this from time to time, what kind of data source is it? That being said, your best bet is probably to use the smiley face icon to send a "frowny face" to support with a screen shot and have them sort it out.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

KirkNason Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I just got this same error myself.  Have a PBI Desktop file (data is embedded, no gateway) and when I publish I get the overwrite messeage, which I say yes.  Then when Desktop finishs publishing I go to the PBI service and the old file still exists,  there is the yellow warning triange next to the data source which has the message "The credential stored in the cloud is missing". 

Power BI desktop thinks it published correctly.

Highlighted
Rajiv Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Not sure if you are seeing the same error, but will share my experience as it is on the same topic. I had got the error after I had changed my Windows password. So I had to re sign in (through Dashboard Settings) with my new password to get rid of the error. Screen shot of the error below:PowerBIDataSourceError.JPG