Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

charleshale
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Easy way to set up Powebi on cloud

Does anyone know an easy way to get an instance of powerbi on the cloud?    For years I've used remote access with a workstation at my office but the workstation crashes every now and then, and with covid, getting into the office to reboot it is difficult.    So ideally I could have a power bi desktop setup but in the cloud instead of on my workstation.    App.powerbi.com doesn't appear to have the functionality of the desktop client so it doesn't seem like a workaround.    I'd prefer something a networking dummy can do - so no server setups and virtual machines.   Does such a thing exist?   Thank you 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@charleshale - Nope, you need to provision a virtual machine in Azure and install Power BI on it. It's pretty dirt simple to setup. If you have never done it, it's an hour. Someone who knows what they are doing, 15 minutes.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@charleshale - Nope, you need to provision a virtual machine in Azure and install Power BI on it. It's pretty dirt simple to setup. If you have never done it, it's an hour. Someone who knows what they are doing, 15 minutes.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.