Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Easily get rolling 12 months in power bi with cumulative data?

Hi,

I have created reports based off cumulative data. I have it setup reports to see the latest month or any calendar month that gives you that month selected cumulative calendar data. 

The request I am getting is having a rolling 12 months instead of calendar. It is hard to extract the data from month to month to get an additive data set.

Is there an easier way to get rolling 12 months data with a culumative data setup like this?  Slicer setting?  Without rebuilding the whole report and calculations?

Thanks!

Cumulative Data SetupCumulative Data Setup

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @speedramps 

Thanks for responding, good suggestion!

This still doesn't solve the fact that it is cumulative data. I would have to move the calculations to all extract the monthly individual additive totals.  A part from rebuilding all these calculations in the report to extract these monthly addative amounts in Measures and risking breaking the report.

Is there a generic Measure formula or Power query option that can manipulate the data to be monthly addatives instead of cumulative?

Thanks for your help!

speedramps
Super User
Super User

use a calendar table then you can slice, sum and compare MTD, YTD, LM, LY and rolling 12M
Click here to learn about calendars 

Create a calendare with date and a month offset

then show month offsets >-12 and <= 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.