Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Each data refresh gives different data results

Hello,

I created a .PBIX file with a model and it has been working correctly for 3 months. Data sources are SQL Server 2014 and some Excel worksheets.

After updating Power BI Desktop to the latest version, everytime I refresh the data it gives different results and they are always wrong.

I have checked all the queries and the relations between tables and there have been no changes. I have also carried out tests on the data sources with SQL Management Studio and everything is correct.

Everything would suggest that Power BI imports a different number of rows at each refresh (even when I press the refresh button every few seconds), but the table contains always the same (correct) number of rows. It seems that the error is an issue that involves only the Reports.

What could be the reason?

Thank you for any help.

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-micsh-msft Yes, I have installed the 2.38.4491.282 version.

I have enabled the trace and I have refreshed the data, in the traces I found these 3 Errors:

Error 1: EvaluationContainerMain/ExceptionHandler/HandleException,"Exception:
ExceptionType: System.Threading.AbandonedMutexException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
StackTrace:
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.WaitForParentExitThread(Object state)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)"

Error 2: EvaluationContainerMain/ExceptionHandler/HandleException,"Exception:
ExceptionType: System.IO.EndOfStreamException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
StackTrace:
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.StreamMessenger.Read()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.Read(MessageChannel channel)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.MessageChannel.Read()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessengerExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessenger messenger, Action`2 handler)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteServiceEnvironment.CreateServiceProxies(IMessenger messenger, IRemoteServiceProxy[]& services)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.Run(Object args)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)"

Error 3: EvaluationContainerMain/ExceptionHandler/HandleException,"Exception:
ExceptionType: System.Threading.AbandonedMutexException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
StackTrace:
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.WaitForParentExitThread(Object state)

Anyone has any suggestions? Thank you

Hi zikas,

mscorlib is one of the conponment of .Net Framework, any changes has been made regarding .Net framework? Take a repair or a re-install of .Net Framework on your system.

In addition, could you please share the full log here?

Regards

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

I would suggest you to use older versions of PowerBI and see if the issue persists. 

You can also send the snapshots of your data to microsoft for further analysis.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.