Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

ESRI Symbol Colors STILL get stuck

Hello All,

I've posted this before, but I really can't seem to get any traction with the product managers of the ESRI visual.  It's kind of a big deal.  

It's easily seen in these picks...and I have a model to share if an MSFT/ESRI developer wants to see this example.  PM me for a link and password.

First, after a revert to defaults, I pick three hospital systems in VA.  Cool, the colors are separate and distinct.

Three VA Systems.pngVA Colors.png

Then I pick three hospital systems in CA that ARE NOT in VA.  You can see the symbol colors are stuck at the initial colors.  All the california facilities are the same color and not one of the VA picks.

Pick Three Systems in CA.pngCA Colors.png

Then I click Revert to defaults and colors are set properly for the CA systems selected.

Revert to Defaults.png

Thanks...Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Just a note to say that as of 10:30a EDT on 8/30/2017 this bug has been fixed!!  Colors reset/reuse perfectly.

Tom

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
cmitchell

This is not fixed within PowerBI Online. The colors of my ESRI map look fine on PowerBI Desktop but reset to default upon publish. Even more strange, upon initial load, the colors will be correct for the first 0.5 seconds then change to default.

ESRI_Correct_Colors.pngESRI_Bugged_Colors.png

I could add that in Desktop version this is not fixed also.

When i navigate the model / change the selection of points in the map with the help of visuals (choose group for example ) - colors of the map change to green.

Sometimes when the model is open but inactive - for example i explaine it to a client - the colors change suddenly to green. To revert to colors i click the map. But near the client it is very confusing!!!

What could i do? 

Thank you for ideas!!

Lada
Frequent Visitor

Example

Colors are ok

1.JPG

But when i want to see the details from the table to the right - for example EDF  - colors ont the map change to green

2.JPG 

zylawys
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. Clicking on the map after changing a slicer value brings the colours back to where they should be. 

This is the same for Power BI Desktop and after it has been published to the web.

I have the same problem but in desktop version - when i do not touche a model for some time - it changes suddenly colors to green!

The same happens when i use some visuals changint the selection of points in the map - colors on the map revert to green.

Can anybody help. please?

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ThomasDay,

I saw you had post a thread on issue forum. Our colleague will try to reproduce this issue and check if this is a issue in Power BI.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msftI can send you a sample .pbix that will replicate the issues above via PM.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@v-caliao-msftI still do not have any resolution of this issue.  IT IS a problem...and as I mentioned, I can replicate it and can send a model to allow your developers to see the issue.  I don't get the  sense that a product manager or qc person has looked at my example carefully and I've not heard back from you in a long time.  How can I get this issue resolved or at least reviewed?  The ESRI maps surely need properly functioning symbol colors.  Thank you, Tom

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm back in the ESRI maps again today to see if the symbol colors bug has been fixed, and I see that this bug remains.  Here is a two sequence screen capture that shows the issue.

In Capture 1--I select the state of Massachusetts (MA) and the symbol colors are set to the "system" owner name of each healthcare provider on the map.    The proper symbol counts are shown and each "system" has a distinct color.

In Capture 2--I then select TX via the state slicer.  TX only shares the systems "Freestanding" and "Tenet Health" with Massachusetts, yet only Massachusetts system colors show.  The symbol colors are not reset to the TX map systems.  As a result, you see that most of the symbols in the color ramp show zero data points and most of the colors for the symbols shown on the map are simply grey.

I have offered to provide a sample model but can't seem to get traction on this.  Perhaps it's a known issue and not yet worked it's way to the fix pile.

Thoughts?

Tom

Symbol counts and colors are correct and distinctSymbol counts and colors are correct and distinctSymbol colors and counts are stuck at the Massachusetts valuesSymbol colors and counts are stuck at the Massachusetts values

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Just a note to say that as of 10:30a EDT on 8/30/2017 this bug has been fixed!!  Colors reset/reuse perfectly.

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.