Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ESRI Map resetting point colour and shape

Hello,

Ever since the March update I cannot change the colour or shape of points on the ESRI map. If I do any changes on the Symbol Style tab then move to another page and come back to the page containing the map, all points will have a blue colour as seen below. The only option shown in Symbol Color is undefined, but that is not a value on the column used to populate the map.

Screenshot (77).png

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was working fine until the March update, I even tried recreating the visual from scratch and the issue still arises. It works fine if I keep the default colouring and size scheme but if I try to edit them then it just resets. It seems to only be affected when using both size and colour fields. If I only use one of the fields it works fine.

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds like Symbol color property overwrites analysis ed ArcGIS map data label color configure to the default color. What mode of ArcGIS map are you test? Can you please provide more detail information?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-shex-msft ,

I'm not sure what you meant by mode of ArcGIS but here is a sample of data used so you can hopefully reproduce the issue.

idlatlong total category
036.14146-108.34774 $         1,050Excellent
139.69714-112.83995 $         2,654Good
238.08594-108.33771 $         6,541Bad
337.66853-117.44883 $         1,278Excellent
437.18471-111.44517 $         5,874Good
536.4156-108.37074 $       13,540Bad
636.11616-105.21411 $         8,552Excellent
739.52333-110.23073 $       21,473Good
839.90384-105.11143 $       98,563Bad
938.84803-103.36336 $       12,000Excellent
1035.84224-107.20388 $       50,000Good

I put the lat and long, then used the Category column in the color field and the Total column in the size field. It will correctly show different colours based on the category and sizes based on the dollar amount. But if I click on Edit on the visual, then go to the Symbol Style tab I will see what is shown on the picture on my first post. The Symbol Color section will show undefined.

If I try to make changes on the Symbol Size section the points will revert to a blue colour. If I click on Revert to defaults in the Symbol Color section it will reshow the different colours for the points, but it will not save them if I go to a different page then go back to the map page.

Sorry if this is a lot of text but hopefully this helps.

Thank you for your help.

HI @Anonymous,

After play with your sample data, I found it seems like not loading and analyzing original data to symbol color settings. You can click on 'restored to default' label to force loading color map data and reset to original color formatting for your data labels.

82.gif

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-shex-msft ,

Sorry I had forgotten to reply earlier and this reply was automatically accepted as solution. As I said in my first post, when I click revert to default, it would not save the resetted colour scheme. If you click "Back to Report" after resetting to default, then go to another tab on your report and come back to the tab with map on it, it will not save any changes you made regarding the colour. 

exactly the same thing happens to me, someone has been able to fix it???

Anonymous
Not applicable

I no longer have this issue even since the update where they revamped the ESRI map (I think in last August?)

No case, I updated to the latest version. It shows me perfect with size and color, but when filter information is only displayed by color. Will it be because the color variable is a DAX?

nenet_0-1610572017450.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.