cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvionMarie Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

ESRI ArcMaps custom reference layers - shapes defaulting to amber colouring

Hello, 

I've been using my own custom reference layers hosted with ArcMaps online, in the last couple of weeks I've noticed the colouring of the layers have stopped being honoured, they are just all coloured orange now.. In one of the reference layers it was originally coloured red/amber/green to show perfomance, but now seeing everything in orange is not ideal!

Have contacted ESRI about this but they have said as the map colours are showing up fine in ArMaps online this must be a Microsoft issue. 

Does anyone know what has gone wrong and how I can fix this?

This has happened to a few of the ones I'm using, I've picked out 2 where this occurs:

DevonCC Electoral Divisions

DevonCC Parish

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: ESRI ArcMaps custom reference layers - shapes defaulting to amber colouring

Hi @AvionMarie 

I can't reproduce your problem.

Do you use the lastest version of Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.69.5467.2151 64-bit (May 2019))?

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PatchworkBoy Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: ESRI ArcMaps custom reference layers - shapes defaulting to amber colouring

Can confirm same issue for me in current version of PBI Desktop (2.70.5494.761 64-bit June 2019)...

eg:  When working with a map focused on UK...

• Adding "IMD2015_IDACI_IDAOPI" reference layer, all LSOAs show up orange rather than colored by Decile etc.
  • Adding "Index of Multiple Deprivation 2010 for Yorkshire and Humber" reference layer, all LSOAs are green rather than colored by Decile.
  • Adding "Superfast Broadband" reference layer (look to Humber region on map) however works perfectly.

...so the issue is definitely with _specific_ reference layers rather than all reference layers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 157 members 1,640 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: