Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AvionMarie
Helper II
Helper II

ESRI ArcMaps custom reference layers - shapes defaulting to amber colouring

Hello, 

I've been using my own custom reference layers hosted with ArcMaps online, in the last couple of weeks I've noticed the colouring of the layers have stopped being honoured, they are just all coloured orange now.. In one of the reference layers it was originally coloured red/amber/green to show perfomance, but now seeing everything in orange is not ideal!

Have contacted ESRI about this but they have said as the map colours are showing up fine in ArMaps online this must be a Microsoft issue. 

Does anyone know what has gone wrong and how I can fix this?

This has happened to a few of the ones I'm using, I've picked out 2 where this occurs:

DevonCC Electoral Divisions

DevonCC Parish

2 REPLIES 2
PatchworkBoy
Frequent Visitor

Can confirm same issue for me in current version of PBI Desktop (2.70.5494.761 64-bit June 2019)...

eg:  When working with a map focused on UK...

• Adding "IMD2015_IDACI_IDAOPI" reference layer, all LSOAs show up orange rather than colored by Decile etc.
  • Adding "Index of Multiple Deprivation 2010 for Yorkshire and Humber" reference layer, all LSOAs are green rather than colored by Decile.
  • Adding "Superfast Broadband" reference layer (look to Humber region on map) however works perfectly.

...so the issue is definitely with _specific_ reference layers rather than all reference layers.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AvionMarie 

I can't reproduce your problem.

Do you use the lastest version of Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.69.5467.2151 64-bit (May 2019))?

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.