Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

praveen571
Helper I
Helper I

ERROR: we are unable to find the gateway.

Hi ,

I'm using the powerBI desktop for live connection of SQL Server Analysis Server Multidimensional Model Source .

1.I have Provided the SQL Server Analysis Server Multidimensional Model Source "Server name" & "Database name "

2.Choose the live connection option its created successfully .

3. when I try to publish that into my powerBI account i face the following error

4. Enterprise gateWay services are running fine.

Desktop_PowerBI Error.pngPowerBI Enterprise gateway service.PNG

Error-published succeeded ,But the published report cannot connect to the databasing because we are unable to find the gateway.

11 REPLIES 11
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@praveen571 for the published report have you configured data source ? Usually after publish you have to configure it to identify on-prem gateway.

Hi ,

Through the  gateway unable to create data source in app.powerbi.com 

i'm getting the error DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError

Thanks.

@praveen571 wrote:

Hi ,

Through the  gateway unable to create data source in app.powerbi.com 

i'm getting the error DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError

Thanks.

Hi @praveen571,

I am able to add an Analysis Services data source following the instructions in this article. Please make sure that you install the latest version of Enterprise gateway.

And besides the above error message, could you please look at the traces in the event viewer and collect more detailed logs for analysis? You can open event viewer and expand “Applications and Services Logs” , click on “Data Management Gateway” and "PowerBIGateway" to check detailed logs. For more details about troubleshooting Power BI Enterprise Gateway, please review the following article.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-enterprise-tshoot/

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have the latest version Enterprise gateway, already I tried the   Enterprise gateway troubleshoot based on that link but its still giving the same .In Event viewer,   I didn't see any log in Data Management Gateway and power BI when I try to add  data source and facing this Error: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError

Thanks,

Praveenkumar.K

Hi @praveen571,
What error info do you see under your logs: 

C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Enterprise Gateway\EnterpriseGateway*.log

[DM.GatewayCore] Deserialized EncryptCredentialsWithTestConnectionRequest, executing
DM.EnterpriseGateway Error: 0 : 2016-05-21T13:03:22.8405185Z DM.EnterpriseGateway ea9fac35-2333-448f-8a81-b61629d39e8d 8f093625-a7e6-f516-ec9f-8153d0bfdb2f MGTD 9347b698-6cbb-40e7-acb9-65c1d8d2e81e BAA79098 [DM.Pipeline.Diagnostics] Exception object created [IsBenign=True]: Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.AdomdDataAccessErrorResponseException: AdomdException encountered while accessing the target data source.; ErrorShortName: AdomdDataAccessErrorResponseException[ErrorCode=-1056899072,HResult=-2146233088]/Wrapped(AdomdErrorResponseException)[ErrorCode=-1056899072,HResult=-2146233088]
DM.EnterpriseGateway Error: 0 : 2016-05-21T13:03:22.8425199Z DM.EnterpriseGateway ea9fac35-2333-448f-8a81-b61629d39e8d 8f093625-a7e6-f516-ec9f-8153d0bfdb2f MGTD 9347b698-6cbb-40e7-acb9-65c1d8d2e81e 91FB753C [DM.Pipeline.Common.TracingTelemetryService] Event: FireActivityCompletedWithFailureEvent (duration=677, err=AdomdDataAccessErrorResponseException, rootcauseErrorEventId=0)
DM.EnterpriseGateway Error: 0 : 2016-05-21T13:03:22.8425199Z DM.EnterpriseGateway 56e0bd99-8a4d-4f5f-9d9a-2c057bf60327 8f093625-a7e6-f516-ec9f-8153d0bfdb2f MGEC 9347b698-6cbb-40e7-acb9-65c1d8d2e81e 7D913723 [DM.Pipeline.Common.TracingTelemetryService] Event: FireActivityCompletedWithFailureEvent (duration=753, err=AdomdDataAccessErrorResponseException, rootcauseErrorEventId=0)
DM.EnterpriseGateway Error: 0 : 2016-05-21T13:03:22.8729473Z DM.EnterpriseGateway 00bf1428-5597-4e6b-b1ac-f570ab620693 8f093625-a7e6-f516-ec9f-8153d0bfdb2f MGPP 9347b698-6cbb-40e7-acb9-65c1d8d2e81e B580AD9C [DM.Pipeline.Common.TracingTelemetryService] Event: FireActivityCompletedWithFailureEvent (duration=826, err=AdomdDataAccessErrorResponseException, rootcauseErrorEventId=0)
DM.EnterpriseGateway Error: 0 : 2016-05-21T13:03:22.8899835Z DM.EnterpriseGateway 2f37df28-5d00-49bb-b178-4e87121a94d7 8f093625-a7e6-f516-ec9f-8153d0bfdb2f MDSR 9347b698-6cbb-40e7-acb9-65c1d8d2e81e EDBACCD5 [DM.GatewayCore] Error processing request: [0]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.AdomdDataAccessErrorResponseException: AdomdException encountered while accessing the target data source.

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError
ErrorCode=-1056899072 --->
[1]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayPipelineWrapperException: Substituted: AdomdErrorResponseException:<pi>Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: The following system error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Connect(Boolean toIXMLA)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean createSession, Boolean isHTTP)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayDataAccess.AdomdConnectionProvider.OpenConnectionAsync()</pi>

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_UnknownError
InnerType=AdomdErrorResponseException
InnerMessage=<pi>The following system error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. </pi>
InnerToString=<pi>Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: The following system error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Connect(Boolean toIXMLA)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean createSession, Boolean isHTTP)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayDataAccess.AdomdConnectionProvider.OpenConnectionAsync()</pi>
InnerCallStack= at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Connect(Boolean toIXMLA)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayDataAccess.AdomdConnectionProvider.OpenConnectionAsync()
([1]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayPipelineWrapperException.StackTrace:)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayDataAccess.AdomdConnectionProvider.OpenConnectionAsync()

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError
ErrorCode=-1056899072 --->
[1]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayPipelineWrapperException: Substituted: AdomdErrorResponseException:<pi>Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: The following system error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_UnknownError
InnerType=AdomdErrorResponseException
InnerMessage=<pi>The following system error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. </pi>
InnerToString=<pi>Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: The following system error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
InnerCallStack= at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Connect(Boolean toIXMLA)
([1]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayPipelineWrapperException.StackTrace:)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
([0]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.AdomdDataAccessErrorResponseException.StackTrace:)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayDataAccess.AdomdConnectionProvider.<TestConnectionAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

Hi praveen571,

Please check that if the email address you use to sign in Power BI matches the User Principal Name (UPN) of the local Active Directory Domain account. For more details, please check this article.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia Zhang,

I have the same Email for both  login and Domain Active Directory.

Thanks,

Praveenkumar.k

@praveen571, 1). Do you also specify the same credentials when you add data source in the Enterprise Gateway?

2). Is that dataset can be refreshed successfully manually?

3). The error message you got “Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: The following system error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request” always occurs when the account doesn't have access to the database. How about you following this blog for the trouble-shooting steps (even though the blog discusses about VSTFS, it should apply to your scenario as well)?

@praveen571
Have you checked that account you are using for the data source is server admin for Analysis Services instance ?

Yes,I have admin access to the analysis server Instance .

admin access.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.