Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abdul2020

ERROR: "There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to complete the operation"

Hi All ,

I know this error may have been raised previously but i couldn't find a solution that could fit the problem i am facing.

I have data that are connected to SAP BW and schedule to refresh daily but for some reason, It was working fine until April 1st started, the data refresh schedule failed. So I found out the reason for that. Basically it fails because it didn't pass one of the below steps.

steps.PNG

What i did in that highlighted step is replaced all null with "0" then unpivot the values anything above that step works fine with no issue with the data getting refreshed.

null values for all 12 monthsnull values for all 12 monthsreplaced all null with "0"replaced all null with "0"unpivot  all 12 monthsunpivot all 12 months

However, that worked fine because this was done during March 2019 then when April 1st started, it failed and throwed the above error.  Is there away to fix this so it doesn't fail every month?

Your urgent help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Abdul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Abdul2020 

You need to replace value in whole table.

You can do this by using the Table.ColumnNames function in replacement of the specific column list.  E.G. Table.ReplaceValue(#"Last Step",null,"-",Replacer.ReplaceValue,Table.ColumnNames(#"Last Step"))

As tested, it can be refreshed succefully with this method.

This is my code.

let
    Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\maggiel\Desktop\case\4\4.30\4.30.xlsx"), null, true),
    Sheet5_Sheet = Source{[Item="Sheet5",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Sheet5_Sheet,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type any}, {"Column3", type date}, {"Column4", type any}, {"Column5", type date}}),
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Changed Type", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"name", type text}, {"10/1/2018", Int64.Type}, {"11/1/2018", type date}, {"12/1/2018", Int64.Type}, {"1/1/2019", type date}}),
    #"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type1",null,0,Replacer.ReplaceValue,Table.ColumnNames(#"Changed Type1")),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Replaced Value", {"name"}, "Attribute", "Value")
in
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns"

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Abdul2020 

You need to replace value in whole table.

You can do this by using the Table.ColumnNames function in replacement of the specific column list.  E.G. Table.ReplaceValue(#"Last Step",null,"-",Replacer.ReplaceValue,Table.ColumnNames(#"Last Step"))

As tested, it can be refreshed succefully with this method.

This is my code.

let
    Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\maggiel\Desktop\case\4\4.30\4.30.xlsx"), null, true),
    Sheet5_Sheet = Source{[Item="Sheet5",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Sheet5_Sheet,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type any}, {"Column3", type date}, {"Column4", type any}, {"Column5", type date}}),
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Changed Type", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"name", type text}, {"10/1/2018", Int64.Type}, {"11/1/2018", type date}, {"12/1/2018", Int64.Type}, {"1/1/2019", type date}}),
    #"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type1",null,0,Replacer.ReplaceValue,Table.ColumnNames(#"Changed Type1")),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Replaced Value", {"name"}, "Attribute", "Value")
in
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns"

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Nishantjain
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Can you confirm which step is causing the issue. Is it the "Replaced Value1" step

Yes Step "Replaced Value1".

It works fine but it doesn't pick up any new month added to the table as part of the data refresh.

e.g April isn't showing in the data because for some reason i think it fails at this step.

The orginal data coming from BW for the date was unpivoted. So i had to pivot the date. once i do that all the null values for each months shows up then i appliy "Replace Value1" step to replace null with "0"

I think it is because of your step "unpivot selected colums". I guess you selected all the months when you created this steps. If you did this, power query would have hard coded the months that you selected and it didn't have April at that time. This might explain why April is not showing in your data

Unstead of unpivot selected column, you unpivot other columns. This will ensure all new months are automatically picked up

Thanks Nishantjain for your prompt repsonse.

That step where it shows "unpivot selected Col.." its not for the months its for the products type as per screenshot below those products imported from BW pivoted so i had to unpivot them and they never change they are always the same values.

But am not sure if the values there are linked to the months.. still worth a try to unpivot other col on the below as well.

I will give that a try on a sample data with the same steps but unpivot other col then add addtional month and will see if if that solves the probelm.

If you you think there is another way or perhaps a formula to fix this please hit me with it. Thanks

PH level.PNG

Can you share a sample pbix file?

I tried with a sample test and added April data then when refreshed the data it did show April but the step where it says replace value from null to "0" did not apply on april. as per screen shot below.

april.PNG

Can't attach a pbix here for some reaosn , it need be via dropbox or other external tool

Can you attach the entire power query code from the advance editor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.