Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

ERROR "A table of multiple values was provided where a single value was expected."

Hello good day, I have a problem with the next calculated column "accounting account".
This calculated column had been running smoothly, but stopped working by throwing the following message "A table of several values was provided where a single value was expected.

Management =
IF('Supplier Flow'[Cost Center] = "No Cost Center Found",'Supplier Flow'[Accounting Account],'Supplier Flow'[Cost Center])

Accounting Account = IF(LOOKUPVALUE('Accounting Movements for Accounting Account'[Accounting Account],'Accounting Movements for Accounting Account'[Comb(Folio,NDoc)],'Supplier Flow'[Comb(Folio,NDoc)]) = "Export Materials Stock","Exports",LOOKUPVALUE('Accounting Movements for Accounting Account'[Accounting Account],'Accounting Movements for Accounting Account'[Comb(Folio,NDoc)],'Supplier Flow'[Comb(Folio,NDoc)]))

Accounting account will look for the combination to the following Table "Accounting Movements for accounting account" which does not have unique records.

wzuniga_0-1650642345688.png

I hope you can help me, since before the report worked without problems :C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you very much for the help, the problem arose since there are duplicate records with the same information. for example the following:

wzuniga_0-1650648880846.pngPerform a filter to remove duplicates by PowerQuery leaving the report functional again.

thank you very much as well!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you very much for the help, the problem arose since there are duplicate records with the same information. for example the following:

wzuniga_0-1650648880846.pngPerform a filter to remove duplicates by PowerQuery leaving the report functional again.

thank you very much as well!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , it seem like lookup is giving more than one value

Try like

Accounting Account = if( maxx(filter('Accounting Movements for Accounting Account', 'Accounting Movements for Accounting Account'[Comb(Folio,NDoc)]= 'Supplier Flow'[Comb(Folio,NDoc)] ) 'Accounting Movements for Accounting Account'[Accounting Account]) = "Export Materials Stock","Exports",
maxx(filter('Accounting Movements for Accounting Account' ,'Accounting Movements for Accounting Account'[Comb(Folio,NDoc)] = 'Supplier Flow'[Comb(Folio,NDoc)]), 'Accounting Movements for Accounting Account'[Accounting Account]))

wzuniga_1-1650646961101.png

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it doesn't take my face.
Could you share the report file for more help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.