Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chakrabmonoj
Helper II
Helper II

ERROR WHILE ADDING A NEW TABLE

While i am trying to add a new table to my power BI report, I have started getting this error recently :

error BI.JPG

This error is persisting, even after I have download the access engine from the link quoted here.

We have a MS windows which is 64 bit but all whitewashed apps are 32bit. When I downloaded BI, it did not allow me to download the 32b version. so I downloaded the 64b version and it worked fine till tday morning. Then I started getting the error message and I downloaded the access engine. But this time, I was not allowed to install the 64b veersion so I had to go for the 32b version.

can someone fix this please urgently

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chakrabmonoj,

As the error message said, you need "64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider", you can install it by opening the command prompt, navigate to the directory where the driver exists, and type the name of the driver followed by the command /passive. Please refer to the link below to see the details.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Error-Can-I-fix-the-error-about-Microso...

Besides, here is a blog which describes how to troubleshoot this issue.
https://www.mikesdotnetting.com/article/280/solved-the-microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-regi...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.