cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chakrabmonoj Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

ERROR WHILE ADDING A NEW TABLE

While i am trying to add a new table to my power BI report, I have started getting this error recently :

error BI.JPG

This error is persisting, even after I have download the access engine from the link quoted here.

We have a MS windows which is 64 bit but all whitewashed apps are 32bit. When I downloaded BI, it did not allow me to download the 32b version. so I downloaded the 64b version and it worked fine till tday morning. Then I started getting the error message and I downloaded the access engine. But this time, I was not allowed to install the 64b veersion so I had to go for the 32b version.

can someone fix this please urgently

1 REPLY 1
Moderator v-caliao-msft

Re: ERROR WHILE ADDING A NEW TABLE

Hi @chakrabmonoj,

As the error message said, you need "64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider", you can install it by opening the command prompt, navigate to the directory where the driver exists, and type the name of the driver followed by the command /passive. Please refer to the link below to see the details.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Error-Can-I-fix-the-error-about-Microso...

Besides, here is a blog which describes how to troubleshoot this issue.
https://www.mikesdotnetting.com/article/280/solved-the-microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-regi...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 274 members 2,211 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: