Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brett_walton
Helper II
Helper II

ERROR [HY000] [Simba][RedShift ODBC] (30) connecting to Redshift

When connecting to amazon redshift I get the following error when trying to access the data in preview mode during an import. All tables I access have the same result. These tables are accessed by other BI tools (Tableau) with no issues. 

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Simba][RedShift ODBC] (30) Error occurred while trying to execute a query: ERROR: syntax error at or near "from"
LINE 2

Maybe this is a Beta issue , any ETA on the polished Redshift connector ? 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It should be in the latest one. The issue I was guessed, was the case where the user doesn't have access to the columns. Have you checked that? If that's not the case, this is a new issue. In that case can you please send us a frown email with the traces?

(Enable tracing from Options > Diagnostics > Enable Tracing (Verbose) (also you can open the Traces folder from here), then reproduce the failure, then close the PBI Desktop. You can get the traces from Traces folder.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
arify
Employee
Employee

I think we've fixed this issue, it should be in the next release. It was happening when the user doesn't have access to the table (or, its columns). Just to check if it's the issue I'm thinking: does your user have read access to the table?

Thanks

Any idea what month that release will be ?

It should be in the latest one. The issue I was guessed, was the case where the user doesn't have access to the columns. Have you checked that? If that's not the case, this is a new issue. In that case can you please send us a frown email with the traces?

(Enable tracing from Options > Diagnostics > Enable Tracing (Verbose) (also you can open the Traces folder from here), then reproduce the failure, then close the PBI Desktop. You can get the traces from Traces folder.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.