Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rajkamal
Regular Visitor

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hardy] (34) Error from server: Could not resolve host for client socket

Dear Team,

I am trying to connect Azure HDInsight Spark through Power BI without creating DSN and I have used DirectQuery option and getting following error. I have installed spark 64 bit driver also.

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hardy] (34) Error from server: Could not resolve host for client socket..
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hardy] (34) Error from server: Could not resolve host for client socket.."

Please suggest me if you have any idea.

Regards

Rajkamal

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rajkamal,

When you connect Azure HDInsight Spark, enter your cluster URL (For example, myHDICluster.azurehdinsight.net). Enter <HDInsightClusterName>.azurehdinsight.net. Please the cluster name is right and following the article to troubleshooting your error message.

Troubleshooting ODBC connectivity to HDInsight

Power BI and Spark on Azure HDInsight; Step by Step Guide
Apache Spark BI using data visualization tools with Azure HDInsight

Loading Data into Excel: Microsoft Hive ODBC Driver Connection

Best Regards,
Angelia

I have some more update about this isssue and partialy resolved.

Earlier I was trying to connect while I was in my company network and it is giving same error though.

However when I tried with my personal network like modile data it is working fine, So it seems someting problem with firewall or security but not sure whats happenning.

Regards

Rajkamal

Hi @Rajkamal,

I am glad you can find partial problem. And you try some other tools to see if the connection to data is issue or the network/ proxy? If it a network problem, please try to contact your IT and oepn all ports in your firewall.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.