Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ERASER IN SLICERS

Hi All!

I am new to power BI desktop. I have observed there is no way to change the eraser size or down arrow in Slicers. But I found that the eraser and downward arrow is bigger in one of my reports' slicers while smaller in other report's slicers

Please help! Attaching two images where I press the down arrow in both of my report samples. Please help me understand why is there a difference in the size of the font. and how to modify the size?

Capture.PNG        Capture2.PNG

Thanks All. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aishwaryab4,

In Power BI Desktop, we can change format of visuals by selecting visual and using Format function under Visualizations pane:

1.PNG

In you scenario, we can change the eraser size by changing Slicer header size:

2.PNG

The comparison as below:

4.PNG3.PNG

Hopefully works for you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think it is only possible in paid version. I am trying out your steps in power BI desktop of Report server and it does not give me the result. 

Thanks for all your help @v-jayw-msft 
I understood how it actually can be achieved in Power BI desktop - Report server. 
Since, there is no suchformat option to edit the eraser size directly ,  you have to change the aspect ratio of Desktop Canvas. if the canvas is too big the eraser and other visual header options become tiny. You have to achieve a balance between the size of the canvas and the little eraser icon when you decide on dimensions .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing the size is not a good solution.  

Would be so easy to simply have the ability to change the eraser color in the visualization area.   And is VERY MUCH needed.    Users cannot see the eraser if you have style the heading area with a darker background.  

Come on MS...just make it an option to change the eraser color along with the rest of the slicer header...seems like it should be an obvious thing.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.