Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

EMPTY SPACES IN TABLES

Hi community,

For some reason the loaded tables get empty spaces before my data eventhough the sources doesnt have that empty space... this is the second time I have that problem....anybody knows what could couse this behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your help!

CONSULTA 1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen this sometimes when importing from Excel if people had data in cells and then deleted it (although mine appeared at the bottom, not the top like yours are).

I just put a filter in PowerQuery to remove blanks from a column where I know there should always be data.

Hope this helps,

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen this sometimes when importing from Excel if people had data in cells and then deleted it (although mine appeared at the bottom, not the top like yours are).

I just put a filter in PowerQuery to remove blanks from a column where I know there should always be data.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the same I do... Ill wait if somebody else ffers an a unknown option otherwise Ill give you the kudo!!! greetings and Thanks!

Is this coming from Excel then? Any chance the rows are actually hidden in the Excel file?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least in my case it wasn't hidden rows - but I think somehow where there was data in the rows at one point they get flagged as "non-empty" and then for some reason deleting them didn't mark them as empty. Then when importing into Power Query they show up...

Not sure why this happens - seems somewhat intermittent, but I haven't spent very much time trying to debug.

Scott

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

What is the source?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.