Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amulder
Helper I
Helper I

EARLIER funcation

Hi,

I'm a bit confused by the EARLIER function. Here is my formula:

DISPATCH_TIME = MINX(FILTER('Query1','Query1'[EVENT_NUM]=EARLIER('Query1'[EVENT_NUM])&&'Query1'[UNIT]=EARLIER('Query1'[UNIT])&&'Query1'[UNIT_STATUS]="DP"),'Query1'[CREATE_DT_FORMAT])

So the formula will return for me the earliest CREATE_DT_FORMAT value where the Event Num and the Unit match and the Unit Status = DP.

The part that I am finding confusing is, when I have my table filtered to only a specific Event Num, and a specific Unit the Create_DT_Format value is correct.

However, if I look at the exact same record when my table is not filtered, the value returned for the Create_DT_Format is not correct, it is often pulling from the next row up.

Is this how EARLIER works and I should not be worried about the value when my table is not filtered?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please note that the MINX is a row level function, which means the expression will be evaluated for each row. Keeping this point, please check your result.

If you still have issues, some sample data of what you expect. what you get will be helpful to see this.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please note that the MINX is a row level function, which means the expression will be evaluated for each row. Keeping this point, please check your result.

If you still have issues, some sample data of what you expect. what you get will be helpful to see this.

Thanks

Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.