Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamix Text Box?

Hi there,

Is it possible to have a dynamic text box?  Specfically, if I open a page by drilling down / filter, I would like to have a text box at the top with a large font header showing the drill down.  For example, imagine you have a list of projects and clicking on the project shows a Project Details Drill Down Page.  I would want that secondary page to have a header at the top with the Project Name.

Any thoughts here?  I'm surprised there are no properties for the text box object?!?!?

-Brett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

you can use dynamic Title text functionality for Text Box:

Снимок.PNG

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

This was 2 years ago, but if anyone is interested, I think you could try making a tooltip. You hover your mouse over it and you can get information from another view, and it's another view you configure it however you want.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

you can use dynamic Title text functionality for Text Box:

Снимок.PNG

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @az38!  Did a bit more digging and found a trick to build upon this where you create a "value" for the chart title of whatever you want.  Essentially you add the value with whatever text and calculations (i.e. "Project: [Project Number]") you want and then reference that value where you mentioned under visualizations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.