Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

torstew
Regular Visitor

Dynamics RLS rules conflict

Hello

I have tried to provide a rudementary example of a data model to describle the scenario, below.

In short, we have implemented dynamics RLS.

Each role works individually, but when I enable both they conflict as there is effectively an overlap.

The problem / access I am trying to solve is that a user should only be able to see data for their businessunit but effectively two different ways, they can see:

1. any opportunity data owned by their business unit and any invoices related to these opportunities, AND

2. all invoices owned by their business unit and any opportunities relating to those invoices

As mentioned, I have created roles that individually work, but due to the relationship between opportunities and invoices, the filters once both enabled effectively create an error.

I presume the only way to address this is some form of DAX formula, but I don't know how.

I can confirm that I can create static RLS for the scenarios, and apply the two static roles per business unit, but as there are around 30 business units, two roles each, and hundreds of potential users it's an exceptional admin overhead to manage.

Any thoughts or recomendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

torstew_5-1643204245857.png

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Highly recommend you watch the replay of today's Power BI Dev bootcamp session when it comes out.

Session 18: Developer Deep Dive into Row Level Security (RLS) · Power BI Dev Camp (powerappsportals....

Thanks for sharing. Is it usually available soon after?

yes, check back in a day or so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.