Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gingerjeans88
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamics Option Set Labels

Hi all, 

Report based on dynamics CRM on-premises data - using DirectQuery. 
Can't seem to use the option set label fields like the internet suggests I can, without having all my calculations and visuals show up blank when I do. 

eg, I can still access the gobbledegook option set value, but I'm supposed to be able to also directly access the label (name) field - any idea why? 

Fairly complex IT infrastructure with a domain trust in place but nothing too restrictive and I'm out of ideas as to why it won't work! 

3 REPLIES 3
johncolley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Gingerjeans88 ,

Dynamics stores the option set label values in a separate table. You'll need to perform a join on it to pull in the label values.

Oh excellent, thanks so much - any help on a basic query I canuse to achieve that and I can just replace the field names with my own? It has been a zillion years since I've had anything to do with T-SQL!

Not sure if it's different in the version of Dynamics you are using, but for D365 the option set data could be in the OptionSetMetadata or GlobalOptionSetMetadata both tables have the same structure.

Something like:

Select OptionSetMetaData.LocalizedLabel AS Categorytypelabel

From Category

Left Join OptionSetMetaData

ON Category.categorytype = OptionSetMetaData.[Option]

AND OptionSetMetaData.OptionSetName = 'categorytype'

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.