Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mujahid
Frequent Visitor

Dynamics Date Calendar by Visual slicers

I have 3 tables one has Pre Days means 1,2,3,4 and 2nd has post dates. I have a calender table which has some hard coded dates but I want to change start and end dates by appending the Predates in start and EndDates in end.

Table1 = CALENDAR(DATEVALUE(DATE(2013,07,24))+SELECTEDVALUE(LowerThreshold[Value]) ,DATE(2013,07,25))
But I am unable to capture selected value in Calender table. 
As I know selectedvalue works in measure but. When I recall that measure in computed column I did not give any impact. While it's adding values in measure. 
Sortly is there any way to perform this task to change start and end date dynamically by visuals.
Capture.JPG
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mujahid -

Calculated Tables and Calculated Columns are not affected by slicers. 

You can filter the Date Table by selections in your slicers. 

One way to implement this:

1. Create a Measure that will be BLANK for rows that should not appear, and "" for rows that should appear.

2. Add that measure to a table visual, along with your date.

3. If you want to hide the measure column, change the header name a single character and decrease the width of the column, so it will not appear. 

The measure could be something like this:

Include Date Range = 
var minDate = <Your Logic>
var maxDate = <Your Logic>
var dateToAssess = MAX('Date'[Date])
return 
IF(
    dateToAssess >= minDate && dateToAssess <= maxDate,
    "",
    BLANK()
)

I have multiple Start and End dates not a single. Initially I planned to create a table with calender and Union all dates. If If I use this measure so is it possible to append more filters with more min and max dates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mujahid  - I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but here are some tables and measures that will hopefully be a good demo of the possibilities:

Create 2 Date Tables:

Date1 = CALENDAR(DATE(2018,1,1),DATE(2020,12,31))
Date2 = CALENDAR(DATE(2018,1,1),DATE(2020,12,31))

Create a Number table for adding to the dates:

Numbers = GENERATESERIES(0,100,1)

Then a Measure to limit the dates:

Include Date Range = 
var minDate = MIN('Date2'[Date]) + max(Numbers[Number])
var maxDate = MAX('Date2'[Date]) + max(Numbers[Number])
var dateToAssess = MAX('Date'[Date])
return
IF(
    dateToAssess >= minDate && dateToAssess <= maxDate,
    "",
    BLANK()
) 

Here is the result (you need to Edit Interactions, so that one Number slicer will affect one table visual:

Multiple Date Ranges With Offset.PNG

Can you  please Share Pibx

I ran that file. It's truncating days dynamically as I select something. 

My Case is bit different. 

For Instance I have a table for Sales data. which has field name [Sales_Date] of multiple years. We have easter date slots (for 30 days each slot) for each year means start date of season  and end date of season. So I created a table as you create with calender function and used union to uniform all years data means  union(calender (start date, enddate),calender (start date, enddate),.....).

Then I created a relationship between date table and sales table. All things working fine at this stage.

Now Next thing is to add a visual if user want to see sales data preceeding N Days and Post N Days with eastern. Like it's 04/01/2019 to 04/30/2019 so user can see data for 03/26/2019 to 04/30/2019 so N Days preceeding 4. because User want to see N Days before easter with easter season. 

Where I used technique mentioned about but It did not work by slicer.

If there is an other work around do let me know If i am using invalid strategy to cope up this issue. 

Thank you 

We need two slicers. One for Preceeding Easter and One for Post Easter.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Mujahid you cannot pass slicer value when creating tables by dax.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.