Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics CRM Parent-child account searching

Hello,

Dynamics CRM has account parent-child relationships within the same entity parentaccountid and accountid fields. I am attempting to create a slicer to search for accounts and to show all related opportunities for the parent-children of those accounts. So far I have been able to show all children records as the relationship between opportunity/accountid and accountid exists, but I am not able to see the parent opportunities as I am unable to create a second relationship to the account table for parentaccountid and opportunity/accountid. Same goes for contacts or any other records that is attached to an account. Has anyone conquered this task?

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may add a separate table for Slicer, apply virtual relationship in DAX measure and then take advantage of Visual level filters.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading more of this - if I was to create an inactive physical relationship to my entities to the parentaccount field, and use the following, I think it may work. just confused here as to what goes were in this code. I dont need sums or values, just need the relationship

EVALUATE
CALCULATETABLE (
    SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (
        Header[channelKey],
        "Sales", SUM ( Detail[SalesAmount] )
    ),
    USERELATIONSHIP ( Detail[SalesKey], Header[SalesKey] )
)
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is my inactive relationshiprelate.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the relationship in the datamodel for Parent Child, I have two slicers, one from the parent account and one for the account (shild). what I am not getting is data from the parent as the parent field is not mapped to any of the related entities. I can only map one relationship from opps to account and that has to be to the accountid field. so how do I get records related to the parentid selected in the first slicer includedtemplate1.PNGshows related accounts.PNGdoesnt show parent account info.PNGdata.PNGaccountid relationships.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.