Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

frozy4u
Regular Visitor

Dynamics 365 F&O retrieve custom changes from PROD

Hello,

I have currently a situation where a standard power BI embedded report has been used in D365F&O Production. Since users can customize the report from the front end, the embedded report has been shaped closer to the needs of the business.

My question, how do one get the PBIX with the latest changes from the PROD instance to be able to edit it in a DEV box via Power BI Desktop to add some more datasources from the entity store?

It seems for now I can only start with the original design from the content pack, add the datasources and have someone redu all the customizations, but thats a lot of extra work. 

Any idea's ?

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @frozy4u , 

It seems that reports don't have to be updated by using Power BI. When Entity store is updated, reports reflect the latest data. In addition, I am not familiar with entity store,  this is more related to Dynamic 365, so I suggest you could post this in Dynamics 365 Finance Forum for more suggestions.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

frozy4u
Regular Visitor

Hi Zoe,

Thanks for responding, the thing is the entity store gets updated OK, but I can't add new datasources in the D365FO front end Power BI edit mode. So I need to change the report itself.

Secondly, out of the box elements from the entity store cannot be customized unfortunatly, so I do really need to get it to rework it in power BI desktop.

Do you recommend me to post in the D365 forum in thise community? Its actually the people from the D365FO yammer that recommended asking here 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.