Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cwboymn1

Dynamics 365 Dashboard with row level security

I am trying to use a report that I created Power BI that uses row level security and it works perfectly in Power BI as it should but when I bring that report into Microsoft Dynamics on a dashbord it loses the windows live id and shows all the data for all the users. has anyone figured a way to make it work or can offer some alteritive way to make it work?  

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cwboymn1  ,

Did you add members to the RLS? See more: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls#manage-security-on-your-model.

rls-security.png

Did you run "Test as role" to see the RLS effect? RLS wouldn't work on the owner of the dataset. Because the owner can edit both the dataset and reports. RLS aims at controlling the data access rather than something like filtering. .

Using RLS with Dynamics CRM Online 2.jpg

In addition, if you publish your Power BI Desktop report to an app workspace within the Power BI service, the roles will be applied to read-only members.

If you have configured the app workspace so that members have edit permissions, the RLS roles will not be applied to them. Users will be able to see all of the data. See:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls#using-rls-with-app-workspaces-in-power-b....

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, like i said everything works in Power Bi but once I atache the report to Dynamics it quites working 

here you can see in power bi the correct user gage1.png

and once added to dynamics

Gage2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.