Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Berl21
Helper III
Helper III

Dynamically show only the top values of a table based on two columns

Hi all,

I am working on a table that shows records by date and subgroups. It currently looks like this:

Berl21_0-1679566404139.png

Users will use the slicer as they wish to show records up until a certain date. We want to show only the rows with rank = 1 and the highest rank stages. 

So in this example, if the user wants to see results before February 15th, he should see only the first row. If he wants to see results before the 17th but after the 15th, only the second row.

I thought this could easily be done with top n in the filter, but it can't be used twice. I suppose I need to write a measure that bases on the column rank stages to show only the highest value of it, while I use the top n filter on the column rank. But I don't understand how this measure can work.

I looked it up, none of the use cases I found in the forum match the issue at hand. I am at a loss as how to solve it.

How should I approach this? Please help me out 🙏

Thanks,

Pauline.

3 REPLIES 3
Berl21
Helper III
Helper III

Unfortunately this doesn't do the trick with ties in dates. I have written a measure that I thought would do the job nicely within the visuals.

Have a look here:

Berl21_3-1680036155197.png

The measure tie looks fine in its result. But we still have two lines appearing. Why?

because they rank the same.  Add a small random value to each of them to break the tie.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Change the slicer type to "Between"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.