Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sanket570
Frequent Visitor

Dynamically show latest month from date column if nothing selected or no any slicer is selected

hello folks,

I want to show latest or max month on the column chart visual on the basis on my date column dynamically if nothing is selected from any visual and if any visual or silcer is selected then it will show that month data .

for ex. suppose I have with data like jan 2019,feb 2019 and march 2019 .so if nothing is selected then it will show only max month data dynamically that march 2019 in above ex, but suppose feb 2019 is selected then it will display that month of data.

any help appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sanket570 ,

You need a measure as below:

Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Date]) in FILTERS('Table'[Date]),SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Date]),MAX('Table'[Date]))

Finally ,you will see :

121.png122.png

For the related .pbix file,pls click here.

Best Regards,

Kelly

i want to use that measure for the column chart visual.if i going to put this measure into the value field then its not working

please provide the needed

Hi @Sanket570 ,

Based on my test, column chart visual only support the value of the whole number,you cant put other type of data in the field of value, here, in your requirement ,you hope to put a date type value in a column as its value, and it's not supported, all you can do is to change the date type to the whole number,and you will see as below:

41.png

Is it what you need ? If not,my suggestion for you is to change for another visual,such as card,etc.

Best Regards,
Kelly

hello sir i got the same output as you are showing but this moth is also categorized into the date of the month at axis 

means suppose the month is november then iit will scattered into november date also

Hi @Sanket570 ,

Can you show me your expected result?

Best Regards,
Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.