Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically select what the (multiple) filters/slicers will be

Hey there,

I am working on a report in which I want to reveal some interesting relationships in our dataset.

Let's say I have this table:

A  B  C  D (<attributes)

1 (values in table)

4(< ID)

Which I have also unpivoted and connected both ways:

ID, Attribute, Value

1 A value

1 B value

1 C value

1 D ''

2 A ''

2 B etc

2 C

2 D

3 A

3 B

3 C

3 D

4 A

4 B

4 C

4 D

And now I want to have let's say 3 slicers:

[Attribute] [values] [Attribute] [values] [Attribute] [values]

I want to be able to select an attribute, and in the slicer next to it, I want to be able to select one of the values.

Next to that I want to be able to select another attribute, and again select one of the values.

However, Whenever I selected the first Attribute+Value, all other Attribute+Value slicers (obviously) are already filtered.

I tried to use delete the relationship, but obviously we are dealing here with the same table, so that doesn't work.

Any ideas how to select multiple slicers WITH the slicers being dynamically changed to whatever attribute you want?

Kind regards,

Igor

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No one

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Try to edit the option. For more details, please check the online document.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also attached a link to the testfile:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApYezvnm5pOshWQW4TGubgDqON7Y

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the dataset below I know I could use create 4 slicers 'Color', 'Rating', 'Size' and 'Type' and it still fits on the screen. But with the real dataset I'm working with I have between 100 to 110 filters, and everytime you want to filter on totally different columns.

Maybe I need to change the datamodel somehow, 'dynamically' cut the columns in 100 to 110 different tables, but I hope not. Since that would raise more questions.

So the story goes as the following:

Within the red boxes I want to select the filter I want to use, so you can select the value in the blue boxes.Within the red boxes I want to select the filter I want to use, so you can select the value in the blue boxes.2018-10-11 11_26_30-emmpc0122 - Verbinding met extern bureaublad.pngHowever, as soon as I select 'Type', it already shows 0 results.However, as soon as I select 'Type', it already shows 0 results.The datasetThe datasetThe relationship works both waysThe relationship works both ways

Leon1213
Frequent Visitor

Hi Igor,

When you select a slicer, you can see 2 more options on the Top Bar where the Home menu is present.

Click on "Format" and select "Edit Interactions". Now you can edit which slicer should filter which slicers and you can also do the same for visuals.

Thanks,

Leon  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately this doesn't work, since 'I don't know' or let's say I want to be able to choose the filters in the front-end.

I will create a small dataset and some screenshots to show it more clearly what I mean.

The story says it all, but I think it is too difficult to comprehend easily, sorry for that.

Kind regards,

Igor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.