Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically filter calculated Table

Hi,

I have a task to calculate the STDEV of some values, 

I've noticed that STDEV.P fuction accepts column, but i need to calc the STDEV over a measure.

I tried to create calculated table from this measure and then pass its column to STDEV and it worked but it calculated over unfiltered table, and i want to use the filters/slicers on this table, and then calc the STDEV.

How can i achieve this?

Regards,

Eran

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Would you please share some sample data and DAX of measure, clarify the desired results you want? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found STDEVX.P which can accept table and expression, but when i used it hangs for hours..

I have a measure that calculate the balance of the account as of date, i put it in a table with endOfMonth column,

then i have a measure that calculate the monthly change on balance, then i want to calc the STDEV of the montly change measure, so i used the STDEVX.P but it hangs..

should i attach example of data or its enough? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.