Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically filter calculated Table

Hi,

I have a task to calculate the STDEV of some values, 

I've noticed that STDEV.P fuction accepts column, but i need to calc the STDEV over a measure.

I tried to create calculated table from this measure and then pass its column to STDEV and it worked but it calculated over unfiltered table, and i want to use the filters/slicers on this table, and then calc the STDEV.

How can i achieve this?

Regards,

Eran

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Would you please share some sample data and DAX of measure, clarify the desired results you want? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found STDEVX.P which can accept table and expression, but when i used it hangs for hours..

I have a measure that calculate the balance of the account as of date, i put it in a table with endOfMonth column,

then i have a measure that calculate the monthly change on balance, then i want to calc the STDEV of the montly change measure, so i used the STDEVX.P but it hangs..

should i attach example of data or its enough? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.