Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chandakaushik
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamically filter bar chart based on selected value on map

Hello,

I have a table with Country, LOB and Employee Details. I have created a map visual based on Country and a bar chart based on LOB and Count of Employees. When I click a country on Map, the bar chart should show only LOBs that are available in the selected country (no other LOBs should be displayed in bar chart). The bar chart should not display the LOBs with zero (0) headcount either.

I am able to achieve it using Country as slicer, but it doesn't work with the map. Any help?

Please see the screenshots below. Sri Lanka has only 1 LOB (Latam Ops). When I use slicer, it shows me only Latam Ops in bar chart with count of employees, however, if I use map, it shows all the LOBs irrespective of if the LOBs is in the country.

Map.png

map 2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have you tried to Edit Interactions under the Format window? Maybe your map is not interacting with your other visuals.

Kind regards,
Ali

@Anonymous  Interactions are ON and the map is interecting with the Bar Chart. It is however showing all the LOBs (LOBs that are not in the selected country get dimmed on the bar chart). If I replace the map with slicer, I get the intended results.

Bar chart should show only the LOBs that are in the selected country. If no country is selected in the map, the bar chart should show all the LOBs.

LOBs with zero headcount shouldn't be shown in the bar chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.