Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically default to a page based on the User Role when opened in Power BI Service

Hi 

I am trying to default a page based on the userroup as I have applied role level security. I have 4 pages common,region,district,salesrep and 4 groups for each page. If a region manager opens it should directly default to the region page and let you drillthrough district and salesrep. But it is going to common instead and same with district as well. Any help will be highly apprecited.

Thank You

KM

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, it is not supported yet currently. There is an idea and about that you can vote it up and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35607487-add-security-roles-for-separate-pages-not-rls

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I don't think that is possible, or at least I cannot think of any way to achieve this. You could consider having a first page with clear large buttons like "I AM A REGIONAL MANAGER" that takes them to their pages?

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.