Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rogersmj
Frequent Visitor

Dynamically constrain table based on dates in another table

I have a situation where I want the date axis of several visuals to automatically adjust depending on what customer is selected and the date they came online. The visual in question is showing a count of new hires (employees who have a start date in a given month).

The table feeding that is the company's entire employee roster, going back many years. However, if the customer just started with us this year, I want the x-axis (date) on the visual to be only go back to the customer's start date (which I have in the Customers table), and ignore all the earlier hires from the employee roster.

I have page-level filters for customer. If I change which customer is being shown, I want the date axis on these visuals to change automatically depending on the customer's start date.

I don't want to exclude earlier employees from the roster data during queries/data ingestion; I still want the full roster for other uses. But I also need it dynamically constrained by customer start date in certain contexts. What would be the best approach?

1 REPLY 1
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rogersmj ,

Could you please share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors