Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lloydz1

Dynamically changing the currency symbol (DAX?)

Hi, 

I currently have a report where I convert from multiple currencies back to our base and other currencies. 

So user in europe can look at the report in Euro, U.S. in $, U.K. in £ and so on so forth.

This works fine and I am able with dax to output the correct conversion amount. 

However I need the charts to oupt the values with their corresponding currency symbols. 

I was considering using DAX FORMAT method but this outputs the value as a string and I end up with a count of these string values rather than a sum. 

I can obviously set the column to a specific currency using the modelling section in Desktop but that is static. I needs to change as the user switches the currency with on slicers on the page.

Thanks in advance

Lloyd 

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lloydz1,

>>I needs to change as the user switches the currency with on slicers on the page.

Based on test, power bi desktop not support to dynamic change the currency symbol. Current it only allow to use format function to change the display text(it will convert the value to text) or use format tab to manual change the currency.

By the way, dax formula also not support your requirement. Perhaps you can submit it to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.