Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Dynamically changing sort order using buttons without bookmarks?

Is there a way to get a button to sort visual tables without bookmarks? ie programmatically?

I want a button to sort all ascending and another descending, the tables all have to sorted on different columns.

Also can a button change the text in a custom measure/column?

5 REPLIES 5
Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @StephenF ,

Are you referrring sorting table on multiple columns?

If yes, end users can acheive it by using "Left Shift"+ "Mouse Click" on table visual header names.

Shishir22_0-1651840941501.png

Please mark it as solution if it resolves your issue. Kudos are also appreciated.

Cheers,

Shishir

Cheers,
Shishir

No, Im looking to do this for multiple tables on different values with a single button.

Hi @StephenF ,

Are you trying to control the sorting of the fields of different visuals by clicking a button? If so, I'm afraid Power BI can't implement this feature currently. You can raise a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. By the way, why can't just let the users sort the fields on each visual as they want like @Shishir22  suggested? 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Beacuse the users want to do this on every visualisation. It would take them many clicks to do this and also I want to macro update the title of the charts at the same time.

Instead im creating an entirely new tab for this.

Hi @StephenF ,

Since you mentioned not using the bookmark approach, as I said in my previous reply, I'm afraid there is no other suitable way to achieve what you want. If you can consider using bookmark, you can refer to this blog below to implement it.

Sort Visualizations Dynamically In Your Power BI Reports  (PS: you can replace the icon with the button)

yingyinr_0-1652251482555.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.