Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BimalSubhasis
Advocate III
Advocate III

Dynamically change matrix rows based on slicer selection

Hi All, I Need quick help on matrix and slicer selection. 

The request is like this: The client wants to select 3 slicers based on priority and accordingly, the matrix rows should change

Example: Let's say there is 3 different slicers  - City, State & Country.

Suppose the client selected the first slicer as Country, Slicer2 as State, and slicer3 as City then the ROWS in the matrix visuals should go update in the same sequence.

Client2 selected - Slicer1 as City, Slicer2 as Country & Slicer3 as State then the ROWS should amend accordingly from the above selection Country, State & City to City, Country & State. 

Please help me to achieve this. 

@Greg_Deckler @PaulDBrown @amitchandak @EnterpriseDNA @parry2k @jdbuchanan71 @dkay84_PowerBI @Helper @BIHelper @powerbihelp 

2 REPLIES 2
BIHelper
Frequent Visitor

@BimalSubhasis can u please explain your problem with adding some screenshots so that we can get an idea.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm not too sure what you wish to achieve exactly. City is a subset of state which is a subset of country. So if you select a city as your first option, the rest of the selections should be within the actual possible options. In other words if you select London as the first selection in the slicer, you should be limited to the UK states and UK as a country, right? If this is what you need, then...

With this model (note the one-to-many single direction relationships between the slicer tables and the fact table):

model.pngCreate the follwoing measure to add to the filter pane of each slicer, setting the value to greater or equal to 1:

Filter Slicers = 
COUNTROWS(RELATEDTABLE('Territories Table'))

filter.png

and you will get

slicers.gif

Sample PBIX attached

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.