Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lukaspowerbi
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamically change data by date range slicer

Hello. I'm trying to find a way to dynamically change my data by using date range slicer.

Here is a simplified report per one unique ID:

Capture.JPG

and below is an output I get when using the date range slicer:

Capturee.JPG

I have a Member ID, Number of Events and Event Date columns. I would like to add a dynamic column that would count number of events by date range slicer to the right. (Date Range Slicer is using a same column as the table)

Essentially,I would like to add a NewColumn(calculated) or a measure that would be dynamic and also removed Event Date column so that my outcome would read only 1 event as below:

Member ID  Number of Events   NewColumn

977428        2  Events                  1

In other words,number of events = total number of events and NewColumn = Number of Events by the date Range slicer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Cactus26 Thanks for you reply. Count(Event Date) doesn't make much sense to me. I think quick measure is the solution I am not sure how to start though

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi lukaspowerbi,

Dynamic calculate column is not suported by dax, please use measure instead.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Cactus26
Helper I
Helper I

Try to create measure like Count(Event Date) and put it to your table 

@Cactus26 Thanks for you reply. Count(Event Date) doesn't make much sense to me. I think quick measure is the solution I am not sure how to start though

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.