cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehot_ehot New Member

Dynamically change Group by result based on Slicer

Good morning everyone,

I am new to Power BI and am trying to help someone create a report.

For 90% of my work, I am using Python pandas to create tables that they require and it is working great.

The issue I am having is they want to create a group by a styled table that changes its results based on a slicer.

eg: Columns in the table

Period, Metric 1, Metric 2...

Now they want a simple group by of the metric based on the 'periods' but with a slicer, ie show only when metric 1 > 10

and be able to change the filter whenever they want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Dynamically change Group by result based on Slicer

Hi @ehot_ehot,

Could you please post some simple sample data and your desired result to have a test if possible? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 383 members 3,041 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: