cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PR20048119 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Dynamically calculate Measure value based on Slicer Selection

Hi,

My requirement is create measure which calculate distinct count of rows and i have one date column which i need to check with user selected Date slicer.

CONTROL PROVIDERS = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(NETWORK[Merged Colum]),FILTER(NETWORK,NETWORK[EFFECTIVE_DT]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Start_Date])))

I Created one date table with start date column which has property "After".

SO my measure is showing blank values. I dont know why.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamically calculate Measure value based on Slicer Selection

Hi @PR20048119 ,

Did you create relationship between date table and the fact table in your scenario? Here I created a sample for your reference.

Measure = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(NETWORK[Merged Colum]),FILTER('NETWORK','NETWORK'[EFFECTIVE_DT]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date])))

Capture.PNG

Pbix as attached.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Create a relationship from the EFFECTIVE_DT column to the Start Date column of the Date Table.  Create a slicer and drag Start Date column from the Date Table.  Select a Date there.  Write these measure

Count = DISTINCTCOUNT(NETWORK[Merged Colum])

CONTROL PROVIDERS = CALCULATE([Count],DATESBETWEEN('Date'[Start_Date],MINX(ALL(Date),'Date'[Start_Date]),MAX('Date'[Start_Date])))

Hope this helps.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PR20048119 ,

Did you create relationship between date table and the fact table in your scenario? Here I created a sample for your reference.

Measure = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(NETWORK[Merged Colum]),FILTER('NETWORK','NETWORK'[EFFECTIVE_DT]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date])))

Capture.PNG

Pbix as attached.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Create a relationship from the EFFECTIVE_DT column to the Start Date column of the Date Table.  Create a slicer and drag Start Date column from the Date Table.  Select a Date there.  Write these measure

Count = DISTINCTCOUNT(NETWORK[Merged Colum])

CONTROL PROVIDERS = CALCULATE([Count],DATESBETWEEN('Date'[Start_Date],MINX(ALL(Date),'Date'[Start_Date]),MAX('Date'[Start_Date])))

Hope this helps.