Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically Pick current week data from 53 weeks

Hi All,

I have Data for each week starting from Jan to Dec 2019,i want to Pic dynamically the current week data among 53 weeks .

Based on the entries in the excel source file ,every week output will get changes.Here i do not have any date field in my source file

Please find the attached source and output screen shot..

Source&Output.png

Thanks,

Joshi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous  solution is attached, hope that is what you are looking for.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous does act_1, act_2.....so on, does these are week numbers?

If yes, does that mean at end of the year it will be act_53/52 depends on the year, correct?

and you want to pick the value from most recent week data is available in the sheet, correct?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your Time.For all your questions yes is the aswer.

Those are week numbers and i want to pick most recent week data out of that

Thanks,

Joshi

@Anonymous  solution is attached, hope that is what you are looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Parry ,

Almost achieved desired output ,here my source file is looks as attached & how to create week numbers new column .

Thanks,

JoshiWeek numbers.png

@Anonymous you should put your excel file as source  and  on unpivot step change the column name to "Business  Unit" and rest should work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.