Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mnr461

Dynamically Changing Measures shown on Rows of matrix visualization based on selection from slicer

Hi,

i am a bit new to Power BI,

I have a scenario in which i have to select a value from a list values.

Based on Selected value from slicer Matrix value should show the values for several measures.

Ex:

Slicer:

• Branch Activity
  • Branch Performance

If I select Branch Activity, Matrix visulaization should show Number of accounts and AMB measures on rows of matrix.

If i select Branch Performance matrix visualization should show No of Insurance Policies, No of Employees measures on rows of matrix.

In short, i need to change the measures on rows of matrix visualization dynamically based on slicer selection.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Easy to do in Excel with Power Pivot but with Power BI Its hard to chang the rows of a matrix dynamically since you can't put measures there.   If your ok with flipping your table and having the columns dynamicall change you can use a disconnected slicer as a control for what is calucated in the measure.

Something like

Number = VAR Choice = SELECTEDVALUE(choicetabe[choices],"Activity") RETURN // returns choice or defaults to Activity
                                  SWITCH(TRUE(),
                                  "Activity", [Number of Accounts],
                                  "Performance", [Number of Policies])

But your probably better off with bookmarks and multiple visuals that get hidden or shown.

mnr461

Hi,

i am a bit new to Power BI,

I have a scenario in which i have to select a value from a list values.

Based on Selected value from slicer Matrix value should show the values for several measures.

Ex:

Slicer:

• Branch Activity
  • Branch Performance

If I select Branch Activity, Matrix visulaization should show Number of accounts and AMB measures on rows of matrix.

If i select Branch Performance matrix visualization should show No of Insurance Policies, No of Employees measures on rows of matrix.

In short, i need to change the measures on rows of matrix visualization dynamically based on slicer selection.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mnr461,

If there is a known number of options in the slicer, you can use buttons for each option and assign bookmarks to each, where in each bookmark the correct  matrix is shown and the rest is hidden.
Here is a link that explains the use of bookmarks:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

Regards.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mnr461

“change the measures on rows of matrix visualization dynamically based on slicer selection”

We can dynamically change the information based on a slicer, Blog here introduces how to achieve this.

However, as I tested, I can’t add any measure to the Row Field of a Matrix.

If you have any question to figure it out by yourself, please share some example data or pbix to let me know better about your data scheme and requirement.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.