Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically Changing Date Level in Reports

Hi all,

I am trying to create a slicer for Months, Quarters, and Years to dynamically change the laytout for all the visual in one report. I have successful created this in Tableau, but I am unable to have this working in Power BI. Any help or guidance on this issue is appreciate.

Thanks everyone

Month_Slicer.JPGQuarter_Slicer.JPGYear_Slicer.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Surely it's easier to use a hierarchy and drill up/down levels rather than use a slicer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarcy and drill down function need to be selected by the user for all the graphs in this report, which I don't prefer for the user to do. Because I will have more than 2 graphs in this report, which will caused them to go over a single graphs to drill down for.

Hi @Anonymous

You may try to use HierarchySlicer or have a look at below similar thread which has provided a valid solution to dynamically show X-axis dimension.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-change-in-X-Axis/td-p/86167

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.